Monday, June 20, 2022

But God who is rich in mercy, for His great love, Wherewith He loved us....... Ephesians 2:4

 


**There are two words in the Bible that give us hanging-on power: But God…! These two words constitute one of the greatest phrases in the Bible, and they occur in some of our favorite passages. We’ll be reading along in the Bible and come to the record of something difficult. There was a problem; there was a danger or distress. Then we see the words, BUT GOD…. But God had an answer. But God stepped into the picture. But God issued a promise. But God came.

Joseph told his brothers in Egypt: “You meant evil against me; BUT GOD meant it for good” (Genesis 50:20). The psalmist said: “My flesh and my heart fail; BUT GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever” (Psalm 73:26). During a national crisis, King Jehoshaphat was told: “The battle is not yours, BUT GOD’s” (2 Chronicles 20:15).

The Bible says, “They took Him down from the tree and laid Him in a tomb. BUT GOD raised Him from the dead” (Acts 13:29-30). Romans 5:8 says, “BUT GOD demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.”

One of our biggest problems is Reversed Clause Syndrome. We say, “God is great, but I have a terrible problem. God is good, but I have troubles.” We should reverse the sentence and say, “I have a terrible problem, but God is great, and He will lead me through it. I have troubles, but God is good, and He will work it out for my benefit.”

In 2 Corinthians 7, this phrase BUT GOD occurs in a significant way. The apostle Paul described an agonizing moment of discouragement that swept over him, saying, “For indeed, when we came to Macedonia, our bodies had no rest, but we were troubled on every side. Outside were conflicts, inside were fears” (2 Corinthians 7:5). The pressures of life had troubled Paul to the point of interrupting his ministry and putting a damper on his preaching: “When I came to Troas to preach Christ’s Gospel, and a door was opened to me by the Lord, I had no rest in my spirit… taking my leave of them, I departed…” (2 Corinthians 2:12-13).

“We were troubled on every side,” he explained. “Outside were conflicts, inside were fears. BUT GOD, who comforts the downcast, comforted us…” (2 Corinthians 7:5-6, NIV).

The passage says: “BUT GOD, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus, and not only by His coming but also by the comfort you had given him” (2 Corinthians 7:6-7, NIV).

Are you facing a problem today?... But God..!!!!!! 








**selected.. David Jeremiah




5 comments: