Wednesday, September 14, 2022

So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?” And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.” Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.” Luke 10:36‭-‬37

 


*There is a  story about a guy who was walking down the street one day when he fell in a hole, and the walls are so steep that he can't get out.

 A doctor passes by, and the guy shouts up, "Hey, can you help me"? The doctor writes a prescription and throws it down in the hole, and then he walks on. 

Then a priest comes along, and the guy shouts, "I'm down in this hole. Can you help me out"? And the priest writes a prayer and throws it down into the hole and moves on.

And then a friend, a friend walks by. "Hey, Joe, it's me. Can ya help me out"? And the friend jumps in the hole. And our guy says, "Are you stupid? Now we're both in the hole". And the friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before, and I know the way out". That's what a friend does. A friend jumps into the hole with you, doesn't he? ..... 

My friends, if someone is caught in any kind of wrongdoing, those of you who are spiritual should set him right; but you must do it in a gentle way. And keep an eye on yourselves, so that you will not be tempted, too. Help carry one another's burdens, and in this way you will obey the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:1‭-‬2 











*selected

4 comments: