Thursday, April 13, 2023

Blessed Hope.....

 


Donald Grey Barnhouse, famous preacher of the past century wrote of driving his children to his wife, and their mother’s funeral; 

“I was driving with my children to my wife’s funeral where I was to preach the sermon. As we came into one small town there rode down in front of us a truck that came to stop before a red light.


 It was the biggest truck I ever saw in my life, and the sun was shining on it at just the right angle that took its shadow and spread it across the snow on the field beside it. 

As the shadow covered that field, I said, "Look children at that truck, and look at its shadow. If you had to be run over, which would you rather be run over by? Would you rather be run over by the truck or by the shadow?" My youngest child said, "The shadow couldn’t hurt anybody." "That’s right," I continued, "and death is a truck, but the shadow is all that ever touches the Christian. The truck ran over the Lord Jesus. Only the shadow is gone over mother."

📖

And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

John 6:40‭, ‬47 

“O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?” The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.I Corinthians 15:55‭-‬57

Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.Hebrews 2:14‭-‬15 

🎵🎵🎵 

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamationAnd take me home, what joy shall fill my heartThen I shall bow, in humble adorationAnd then proclaim, my God, how great Thou art
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to TheeHow great Thou art, how great Thou art


1 comment:

  1. How great thou art 🙏
    Thank you JESUS for great joy and privilege of belonging to you ❣️

    ReplyDelete