Sunday, June 20, 2021

 

The watchman called out to the king and reported it.The king said, “If he is alone, he must have good news.” And the runner came closer and closer.Then the watchman saw another runner, and he called down to the gatekeeper, “Look, another man running alone!”The king said, “He must be bringing good news, too.” 2 Samuel 18:25-26.

In the Old Testament times, the runner who brought news about victory from the battlefield is called the bearer or messenger of good news. In those days there were no news broadcasters like we have today, and so when victory was won, it was very important for the victorious side to send a messenger to deliver the good news. So, forgetting everything he would run with all his might to convey the news to the king and all people. His desire to see all people rejoice greatly over the victory, must have strengthened him to run as fast as he could.

However, the greatest ‘good news’ ever announced is the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is the good news of the victory of our Lord Jesus who defeated death, after He disarmed the powers and authorities and triumphed over them by the cross. 

In chapter 10 of the letter written to the Romans, Paul describes very clearly the gospel of our Lord Jesus. But who will make it known to all people?How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” Romans 10: 14-15.

Not only that we read in Ephesians 6:15 that we should put on as shoes for our feet, but the readiness also given by the gospel of peace.

That is why centuries ago prophet Isaiah proclaimed loudly: 

How delightful on the mountains are the feet of one who brings good news,Who announces peace And brings good news of happiness,Who announces salvation,And says to Zion, “Your God reigns!” Isaiah 52:7

Millions of people are waiting to hear this good news. The door of the ark is about to close. At least today would you tell the Lord?

Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” 

Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

&&

These my hands and my life

I surrender to You,

To be used in Your service, Lord.

May my feet run on Your path,

And may my thoughts join Yours

For the spread of Your Kingdom.

I am not for me, but for Christ,

To Him I surrender myself

He guides me and guards me,

Every moment in my way.



















Courtesy – Turning Point,David Jeremiah

5 comments:

  1. hallelujah...yes lord help us to preach u r gospel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes oh father Lord...send us....Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jesus... I surrender all, gospel must be preach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merciful God. Fill us with thine Holy Spirit. Strengthen us to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ with boldness.

    ReplyDelete