Monday, December 18, 2023

 


Here is an incident from the life of Leo Tolstoy, the  novelist.

Leo Tolstoy was walking along the street. He saw a poor beggar on the way. The poor man stretched out his hand to Tolstoy, expecting something. He searched the pockets to find something to give this man. But they were empty. He put his hands on the poor man's shoulders.
Tolstoy said..
"Don't be angry with me my
brother, I have nothing to give you."

Suddenly, the man began to cry
out of joy. He said, “But you called
me brother - that is a great gift. It has made me so happy that no amount of wealth will be equal to it. It is strong enough to keep
me alive for many years."


To the loved, a word of affection is a morsel, but to the love-starved, a word of affection can be a feast.....

Can we give a gift of words of love and compassion to the needy? 

That will be a great gift we can give... 

Let us follow the foot steps of Jesus Christ... 

May this season be  time of showing love to others.... 

📖

For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,  saying: “I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.” Hebrews‬ ‭2:11‭-‬12‬ ‭



4 comments: