Tuesday, July 27, 2021

 

When great trials arrive, how do you face them? How did the Israelites overcome the Jericho wall and gain victory? How did the king Jehoshaphat, win the war?

Joshua 6, 2 Chronicles 20. We read many incidents in the Scriptures. When the people sang and glorified God, God worked for His people. Today, many finish their days in spirit of heaviness. But we have been called to glorify and praise God in all circumstances. 

It was a season when the Salvation army went through great trials. When William Booth went through many adverse situations, a brick worker named Charles William Fry came to his help. When Charles came with his three children, he had with him enough ammunition to fight a spiritual war. Don’t you want to know that? “Musical instruments”!! Thus a music band was formed. All experienced the power of revival and of zeal in those days when they sang many songs and glorified God.

Charles continued his service in faithfulness. In 1881 he composed a song. These were the last lines:

“Then I'll go sweeping up to Glory to see His blessed face

Where rivers of delight shall ever roll”

What a blessed hope! Later thousands sang this song which was titled as “The lily of the valley”. I have found a friend in Jesus. He is everything to me. He is the fairest of ten thousand. In sorrow He is my comfort. Jesus carries my burdens. Whoever forsakes me, the Lord shall not forsake me, never rejects me. I will live by doing His will. 

Charles sang, Jesus, You who does not forsake me even in my death, I will see Your face wearing the crown of glory. After a few months he left to the presence of the Lord, whom he loved.

Let songs of praise fill our hearts and our lips in these difficult times. Let it rise up to the presence of God as a fragrance. To begin with, let us sing this song itself as we traverse the paths of praise. Amen.

Praise the Lord ! How good it is to sing praises to our God,how pleasant and fitting to praise him! – Psalm 147:1

##

I’ve found a friend in Jesus, He’s everything to me,

  He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul;

The Apple-tree of trees, in Him alone I see

  All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.

In sorrow He’s my comfort, in trouble He’s my stay,

  He tells me every care on Him to roll:

He’s the Apple-tree of trees, the Bright and Morning Star,

  He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.


He all my griefs has taken, and all my sorrows borne;

  In temptation He’s my strong and mighty tower;

I’ve all for Him forsaken, and all my idols torn

  From my heart, and now He keeps me by His power.

Though all the world forsake me, and Satan tempt me sore,

  Through Jesus I shall safely reach the goal:

He’s the Apple-tree of trees, the Bright and Morning Star,

He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.


He’ll never, never leave me, nor yet forsake me here,

  While I live by faith and do His blessed will;

A wall of fire about me, I’ve nothing now to fear,

  With His manna He my hungry soul shall fill.

Then sweeping up to glory to see His blessed face,

  Where rivers of delight shall ever roll:

He’s the Apple-tree of trees, the Bright and Morning Star,

  He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.

https://youtu.be/2TvzlBiT0Qg





5 comments:

  1. Yes... Amen... Thank you Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen.. Shalom.. God filled me again strength to Faith in him.. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is our strength in all the time.... No circumstance will control us.

    Glory to God.

    ReplyDelete