Wednesday, January 26, 2022

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas I am strong, when I am on your shoulders You raise me up to more than I can be.


* In the Olympic games of Barcelona 1992, there was an English runner by the name of Derek Anthony Redmond. He was a very brilliant runner. They were expecting him to win the 400 meters. Derek Redmond was it. They came to the finals and the gun was sounded. He's running towards the 400-meter mark. At the 125-meter mark, he stops and clasps his leg. He's pulled a hamstring. He falls. They come and bring him a stretcher. He says, "No", and he gets up and he's hobbling over. And out of the crowd, there's a man running down and the security's trying to get to him until he just said these words, "I'm his father".

And Derek's dad, big guy, he is pushing everybody aside. He comes onto the track, and they don't know who he is. He's pushing them aside, said, "That's my son". And the father comes beside Derek and he's hobbling like this, and he comes and puts his arm around him and he said, "I'm gonna do this myself, dad". He said, "That's fine, son: let me help you at least half the way". And so he puts his arm around Derek and Derek's got his hand on his shoulder.   In the video background is the music playing, "He lifts me up," "He raises me up". And there he is, on the shoulder of his dad, hobbling.

And the dad did something amazing with about five meters to go. He pulled away and let Derek burst the tape on his own.

And when you know that He(God) raises you up when your head is on His shoulder, He lifts you up when that hamstring has felled you, He comes to carry you out of a crowd of people, "That's my son: I'm his(her) father". I want you to know that the glory of God is at it's greatest when you and I are at our weakest and God comes and says, "Put that head on My shoulder: I'm going to care you through".

Don't wait... Lean on Jesus.. He is waiting for you!! 

But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.Psalms 3 :3 

https://youtu.be/kZlXWp6vFdE

(video of Derek Redmond) 







*selected


5 comments:

  1. Our loving Heavenly Father is an awesome God. Full of compassion and mercy.
    Thank you Father
    Thank you Jesus
    Thank you Holy Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many times.. You raised me up Jesus..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Thank you father for amazing love ♥️

    ReplyDelete