Friday, February 25, 2022

Only One Thing.....




“But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:42

Every day we hear many news that are very shocking. How fast is the devotion to Jesus getting lost?
Epidemics, rumours of wars…many such…

The Lord said “You will hear of wars and rumours of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.” Matthew 24:6
Let us fix our minds onto that one which cannot be stolen.Let us preserve this day, purity and the devotion  to Christ.
David longed after and prayed for one thing even in the midst of great troubles.
One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple” Psalms 27:4
Are you who read this article, worried and upset about many things, this moment?
The Lord is about to come…Let’s be ready soon!
Indeed, only one!


“…But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus…” – Philippians 3:13,14
Zinzendorf, the devoted of God sang in spirit “I have one desire… Christ and Christ only”
“When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” Luke 21:28


#####
Only joy in this world is sitting at Jesus'  feet
Then my griefs flee as snow in the summer sun

No honour nor glories gives you peace
All but thirsting water, gives this world

In streams as deer, rest in Jesus so my soul
Cart off sorrows and gives you all of bliss

On His altar found their shelter, sparrow n swallow  
So did find I in my Lord a joyous resting place

Tearful valleys in millions are there in this life
Still will not I fear as He pours His rains of grace

6 comments: