Wednesday, March 16, 2022

 

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” He said, “why did you doubt? Matthew 14:31

If someone asks me what is your most favourite song, my answer always would be just this…. the beautiful song, ”Adavitharukkalinnidayil oru naarakamennavannam..” The divine beauty of the Lord Jesus fills this song.

There are also lines of comfort that caress you in some stanzas.

Waves of melancholy are lashing… Feelings of descending into deep waters… Incidents of sinking in the sea of pain and despondency…Situations where no one can help!

However, at that time Jesus came near and stretched out His hand and lifted me up and brought me close to His bosom. As I was resting on the bosom  of Jesus, I heard a soft voice “Do not fear” …

Then I sang…

All through my life in wilderness

Will I bless my lover with thanks… Amen


Let us sing this song Adavitharukkalil Idayil (Titled in English “Betwixt Thicket as Tree of Apples) in heart until we stand before Jesus, finishing the will He has entrusted to us. 

Betwixt thicket, as tree of apples

Behold Jesus, saint of the saints


Bless my lover, all my life

With thanks I sing, in all these wilds


As rose of Sharon n, Lotus in valleys

Sees my flawless saint of saints


As poured out oil, so His name is

Spreads the fragrance, on this planet

Make me fragrant, amidst all distress


In waves of despair, I sank deep

You redeemed n, told me “Don’t you fear”


Here I come to, do you will

For in Your presence, I must stand


5 comments:

  1. We who dwell as sojourners in this world, which is passing away, often find ourselves in the midst of trials and troubles. But;Betwixt (Between these trying circumstances) that are like a Thicket (Dense forest), we see an Apple Tree, Jesus Christ the Saint of Saints.
    Song of Songs 2:3-4
    "As an apple tree among the trees of the forest,so is my beloved among the young men. With great delight I sat in his shadow,and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love."
    Glory to our Merciful God. Thank you Jesus Christ.
    Zephaniah 3:17
    "The LORD your God is in your midst,
    a mighty one who will save;
    he will rejoice over you with gladness;
    he will quiet you by his love;
    he will exult over you with loud singing."

    ReplyDelete