Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Stars and Sorrows

 


He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.Psalms 147:3‭-‬5

What a surprising conjunction is found in this, twin attribute of God. Active compassion in the small circles of human experience and unmeasured power in the great realms of creation!!

 
Here is God manifesting Himself in both the remotest and the nearest things of which we have any knowledge- the universal and the personal.

 
Psalmist is pointing to and underlying relationship between stars and sorrows.- one that unerringly points to the overruling care of God. If we can understand this truth as we should, it will direct our hearts into the safe anchor of His love as nothing else could do.. .
*J. Stuart holden

Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of His great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.Isaiah 40:26 

 
Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29‭-‬31


🎵🎵

Oh Lord, my God

When I, in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout the universe displayed

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee
How great Thou art, how great Thou art
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee
How great Thou art, how great Thou art



2 comments:

  1. When Christ shall come,
    With shouts of acclamation,
    And take me home,
    What joy shall fill my heart!
    Then I shall bow
    In humble adoration
    And there proclaim,
    "My God, how great Thou art!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great is thou art 🙏
    Blessed be Thy name

    ReplyDelete