Sunday, February 26, 2023

 


Several years ago there was a very spiritual man in a town. Whenever he heard the ringing of church bells he used to run to the church.

Some years passed by. The love of the world separated him from God. Being hopeless he decided to leave his land on his horse.

As he had gone some distance a thought came into his heart. 

I have come to the last point where I can barely hear the ringing of the church bells. If I go forward, I might never be able to hear it again.

“No, I will not go even a step ahead”. He pondered.

He moved in the direction of the church with his horse.

He heard the church bells ringing loudly in his ears.

He knelt down and recommitted his life in the presence of God.

Am I standing at a distance I cannot hear the voice of God?

Let us turn to God at the earliest.

Let us hear the voice of the good shepherd clearly.

“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.” John 10:27,28


4 comments:

  1. Oh Lord, let my love for You do not grow cold 🙏 help me to love You with all heart and always love to hear Your voice 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, open our eyes to see areas of temptation and sin in our lives. Help us to turn from sin and to cling to You.
    Help us to be sensitive to the gentle voice of the Holy Spirit. Help us to listen and keep them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devare nanna hrdayavannu ecurisidikagi sotra thank you lord

    ReplyDelete