Monday, January 2, 2023

2023..Year of knowing and doing God's will

 


Eric Liddell, known as the “Flying Scotsman,” is most widely known for his refusal to run on Sunday in the 1924 Olympic Games in Paris.

 Liddell, a committed Christian, withdrew from his strongest event, the 100 meters—a decision that would years later make him the subject of the Oscar-winning film Chariots of Fire. As an alternative, Liddell registered to run in the 400 meters instead. Just moments before the race, an American handed him a piece of paper with words from 1 Samuel 2:30, which reads, “Those who honor me I will honor.” Liddell ran the race with the verse in his hand and claimed Olympic gold and a new world record with a time of 47.6 seconds.

What was the secret of Eric's Victory? 

He said "I believe God made me for a purpose.God…made me fast. And when I run, I feel His pleasure.” 

He went to China and served God in His vineyard rest of his life. 

May God reveal His will and give grace to fulfill His purpose throughout this year. 

Whatever you do, Do it for the glory of God and feel His pleasure. . Blessed New year!! 

‘I have found in David the son of Jesse a man after my heart, who will do all my will.’Acts 13:22 (b) 

For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation.. Acts 13:36 (a) 

Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.John 4:34 





5 comments: