Monday, August 30, 2021


It was night 11:30. Hetty the young girl who heard something falling onto her blanket woke up from sleep. Immediately she heard the voice of her dad;” fire….”

She understood that her house was on fire. The house which was made of wood was in flames. In great distress, Samuel ran out with his children. Susanna somehow escaped with her two girls. A servant rescued the one-year-old Charles and brought him out of the house. (Out of the nine children in the family, one son alone was in a far away place). Seven of the eight children who were there were brought out safely. 

But they couldn’t find 5-year-old Jackie in that mansion. The house was being consumed in fire. Samuel, the pious father of the house, thought his son Jackie has died and hence prayed “God, I commit my son Jackie’s spirit into your holy hands”.

Immediately, someone cried out “There near the window, Jackie is standing.” One man stood upon another man’s shoulder and rescued him through the side of the window. Samuel, the father of the house praised God, saying “You have saved my family from the fire. Thank You. I have lost my house, but I have lost nothing in reality. For you have protected my family! “ They all knelt down and worshipped God.

Well, who is this Jackie? 

 Is this not the Jackie whom Susanna always used to call “the log snatched out from fire”? John Wesley!… the person who was used by God to snatch out many from the fire of hell. 

Then there is the one-year-old Charles napping as he hears his mom’s lullaby. Charles Wesley! The blessed songwriter who had written thousands of Christian songs!! 

… Let us sing with that family… 

Jesus, lover of my soul,

Let me to thy bosom fly,

While the nearer waters roll,

While the tempest still is high,

Hide me, O my Savior, hide

  Flames of fire, plagues, troubles, etc, as we see all these, do all our hopes get shattered…? Rest upon the Lord Jesus. He will guide you till the end of your life. Amen!

*song written by Charles wesley..

1. Jesus, lover of my soul,

Let me to Thy bosom fly,

While the nearer waters roll,

While the tempest still is high.

Hide me, O my Savior, hide,

Till the storm of life is past;

Safe into the haven guide;

Oh, receive my soul at last.

2. Other refuge have I none,

Hangs my helpless soul on Thee;

Leave, ah! leave me not alone,

Still support and comfort me.

All my trust on Thee is stayed,

All my help from Thee I bring;

Cover my defenseless head

With the shadow of Thy wing.

3. Wilt Thou not regard my call?

Wilt Thou not accept my prayer?

Lo! I sink, I faint, I fall—

Lo! on Thee I cast my care.

Reach me out Thy gracious hand!

While I of Thy strength receive,

Hoping against hope I stand,

Dying, and behold, I live.

4. Thou, O Christ, art all I want,

More than all in Thee I find;

Raise the fallen, cheer the faint,

Heal the sick, and lead the blind.

Just and holy is Thy Name,

Source of all true righteousness;

Thou art evermore the same,

Thou art full of truth and grace.

5. Plenteous grace with Thee is found,

Grace to cover all my sin;

Let the healing streams abound;

Make and keep me pure within.

Thou of life the fountain art,

Freely let me take of Thee;

Spring Thou up within my heart;

Rise to all eternity.




6 comments:

  1. May HIS Name alone be glorified for HE has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of HIS beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins of (Col 1:13-14 refers)
    Jackie (John Wesley) who has been referred here to be a log snatched from the earthly fire, was mightily used by God during his lifetime.
    How much more, we ought to submit and surrender ourselves into HIS mighty hands to be moulded and used by HIM for HIS Glory?? For we have been saved by HIS Grace through faith and have escaped hell fire (Eph 2:8 refers)
    Let us strive to enter through the narrow gate (Mat 6:13 a). Deny ourselves, take up the cross and follow Jesus daily. (Mat 16:24 refers)
    HELP US LORD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hallelujah tq Lord for everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Amen his name is Jesus friends of sinner friends of mine... Love you jesus... God will save our family too if he chosen us too. Amen

    ReplyDelete