Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Saviour.The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,He enables me to tread on the heights. Habakkuk 3:17-19

During these days as the world is going through great crises, the word quoted above is most relevant. Many thoughts may come up in the heart…Fig tree, vine, olive tree etc with no fruit. The grounds producing no fruit. The flock, and the cattle have dwindled from the shed. What else to do other than to mourn? 

But the prophet is rejoicing greatly here! He is rejoicing, in God, in the God of salvation…This state is described in the Holy Word as “A peace which transcends all understanding, with unspeakable and glorious joy”.

Let us meditate on few verses.

Restore to me the joy of your salvationand grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. -Psalm 51:12

And my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour, -Luke 1:47

Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. - Psalm95:1

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. - Isaiah 12:3

“In salvation did they all rejoice”. To be more specific, in the God of Salvation

Many news like Covid, famine, lockdown, death can paralyze our heart daily. But, lift up the head and look to Christ Jesus. He is coming soon. Lord, you who gave me “Such a great salvation”, I rejoice in you.

“The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,He enables me to tread on the heights”. Hallelujah. Amen.


6 comments:

  1. Amen! Yes spirit of God is with us..joy fills our hearts because because we know God loved us before the foundation of this world.
    Let us rejoice , dance ,sing and worship the Lord at all times.

    ReplyDelete