Sunday, May 16, 2021

 

The Psalmist David sang these lines: I will exalt You, my God, the King,And I will bless Your name forever and ever.Every day I will bless You,And I will praise Your name forever and ever. Psalm 145: 1-2

Let us sing a thousand praises to the Lord who gave us life and breath for today. When we listen to various news reports every day, our heart becomes sorrowful. But beyond that sorrow there is a joy, a spiritual joy that the Lord gives, which is the strength of a faithful believer. The joy from the Lord is our strength. That joy does not change according to circumstances. On the other hand, it multiplies under adverse circumstances! 

Psalm 1:2 says that the righteous man ‘delights in His law’. The one who delights in the law of the Lord and meditates on it day and light, such a man is blessed! Psalms 1:2

In Psalm 4:7, the Psalmist sings, ‘You have put joy in my heart, more than when their grain and new wine are abundant.’

Continue meditating, and in Psalm 5: 11 he says:

But rejoice, all who take refuge in You,Sing for joy forever! And may You shelter them,That those who love Your name may rejoice in You.

These verses from the scriptures teach us that this joy increases by many measures. It is not a momentary joy. It is a prevailing joy that no one can take away, a godly, divine joy!

Listen to some of the other verses in which David again and again rejoices in the Lord …

In Psalm 9: 2 he says:I will rejoice and be jubilant in You;I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.And in verse 14 he says:So that I may tell of all Your praises,That in the gates of the daughter of Zion I may rejoice in Your salvation.

Our loving heavenly Father,today fill our hearts with heavenly joy and the peace that passeth all understanding...in Jesus Name..Amen


7 comments: