Thursday, May 6, 2021

 

Gloria Gaither is the composer of many Christian songs and her husband Bill Gaither is a remarkable musician.

In the days after she delivered her third child, Gloria went through severe mental conflicts. Day and night she was afflicted by disturbing thoughts, the main reason for it being the uncertainty that characterised those days. In those days, schools in America which were meant to educate children about God, gave emphasis to atheistic thoughts and beliefs. Drugs were plenty and easily available in the streets of the country. Communities became prejudiced and were tossed and torn apart on the basis of race and colour. How can she raise her unborn child in the midst of such a wicked generation? 

What will the future of the child turn out to be? She spent her days tormented by these thoughts!

But one day, Gloria who was a God-fearing lady, experienced very powerfully the presence of the Lord, and she saw in her spirit that her heavenly Father has placed her child securely in His hands. And so 

she began to sing …

Because He lives,

I can face tomorrow,

Because He lives,

All fear is gone.

Because I know,

He holds the future,

And life is worth the living,

Just because He lives.

..Because I (Jesus) live, you will also live. John 14: 19

Gloria completed her song, and her husband Bill gave it a beautiful melody. The Lord used the song to comfort thousands of people who are burning in anxiety about their future.

Because Jesus lives, I have no anxiety and no fear about tomorrow because my future is in the hands of my Lord! I can face life courageously. Not only that, because the Lord has overcome death, I have the blessed hope that my Lord reigns forever!

God sent his Son, His name is Jesus,

He came to love, heal and forgive,

He lived and died to buy my pardon,

An empty grave is there to prove,

My Saviour lives!

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,

Because He lives, all fear is gone,

Because I know, He holds my future,

And life is worth the living just because He lives.


How sweet to hold, a newborn baby!

And feel the pride and joy He gives,

But greater still the calm assurance

This child can face uncertain days,

Because He lives.


And then one day, I’ll cross the river,

I’ll fight life’s final war with pain,

And then as death, gives way to victory,

I’ll see the light of glory,

And I’ll know He lives!

6 comments: