Monday, October 5, 2020

 

Once the renowned musician, Michael Costa’s troupe was practicing for a great concert.

Many musicians were playing several musical instruments like guitar, piano, drums, veena, violin and the like. Michael was leading them with great care.

Among them one person who was playing Piccolo (a musical instrument like flute) thought: “While several of these instruments are being played at high sound level, sound from an instrument of high sound level is audible. But, what is the importance of my instrument? Will it make a difference if I play this or not? There are many others here, I will stop playing”.

He moved the Piccolo little away and stopped playing: At first sight, no one will notice it… Instantly Michael Costa shouted: “Where is the Piccolo?”

Even though no one in the troupe realized an instrument going silent, the most important person in the troupe instantly recognized it.

What is my importance? What difference it makes if I do my part or not? Even if the crowd do not recognize, even if the close acquaintances do not realize, the God who created us knows it all…You are precious  to God. A prayer, a song, a sigh, a heart-pain…the Lord hears it all… Jesus loves you.

“My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside, show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely.” Song of songs 2:14

“You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue You, LORD, know it completely.” Psalms 139:2-4


5 comments: