Saturday, October 31, 2020

 

Once upon a time, two God fearing friends each planted an apple tree. And they prayed everyday from their land for the abundant growth of the apple tree.

The first friend prayed in this manner:

“Lord, this apple tree needs the rain now”. The Lord heard his prayer and sent the rain. He prayed again, “Lord, I understand that my apple tree needs the sun now; so please give plenty of warm sunlight”.  So, the Lord gave warm sunlight. He prayed again, “Lord at this point in time my apple tree needs the snow”. So, the Lord gave the snow.

In this manner, he continued to pray for diverse needs about his apple tree. And all his prayers were answered. But after a few days, that apple tree withered away. 

However, the other friend’s apple tree was full of fruit! So, the first man asked his friend. “How did this happen? I prayed for many things for my apple tree, and the Lord answered all my prayers; but there is no fruit on my tree! Did you also pray? What did you pray for?”

His friend replied, “I prayed like this: ‘Lord, you know everything. At the right time please give this apple tree the sunlight, snow, and the rain that it needs, according to Your will’!”

Should we make our requests known to God? We should. However, our prayers must be a request for the fulfillment of the Lord’s will; not just for today but for every day!!

Your kingdom come. Your will be done, on earth as in heaven! Matthew 6:10



6 comments:

  1. yes lord u r will be done...in my life..help us Lord

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes LORD your will be done in our lives and your kingdom come....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the time, I don't know what to ask... Then I tell God, "You know all things, please do your will. I have no idea how to manage my life, or what I need most. Please be my vision."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realized quite late that when we do not know what to pray for,its best to leave it to God's will. Praise the Lord !!

    ReplyDelete