Thursday, October 1, 2020

 

As years pass by man becomes more and more worried about the future – suicidal tendencies,depression, mental disorders …. it is an unending list. But a revelation about God’s love gives great  strength. Let us meditate on a few verses prayerfully.

1. The love of a father – the love that disciplines. 

Just as a father has compassion on his children,so the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him. Psalm 103:13

Thus, you are to know in your heart that the LORD your God was disciplining you just as a man disciplines his son. Deuteronomy 8:5

2. Comforting love … the love that pampers like a mother …

For thus says the LORD, “Behold, I extend peace to her like a river,And the glory of the nations like an overflowing stream .And you will be nursed, you will be carried on the hip and fondled on the knees.As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you;And you will be comforted in Jerusalem.” Isaiah 66:12 – 13

Is Ephraim My dear son?Is he a delightful child?Indeed, as often as I have spoken against him,I certainly still remember him;Therefore My heart yearns for him;I will surely have mercy on him,” declares the LORD. Jeremiah 31:20

3. The love that saves and protects … like a shepherd …

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.He makes me lie down in green pastures;He leads me beside quiet waters. Psalm 23: 1-2

I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. John 10:11

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and  they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. John 10: 27 – 28

4. The love that trains … like an eagle … 

Like an eagle that stirs up its nest,That hovers over its young,He spread His wings and caught them,He carried them on His pinions.The LORD alone guided him,And there was no foreign god with him. Numbers 32: 11 – 12

5. The love that follows … the love that does not forsake under any circumstance

Brothers, our fathers were under the cloud. For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; and all ate the same spiritual food; and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ. 1 Corinthians 10: 1-4

So let us trust in the Lord and keep going without fear, for Jesus said: All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. John 6: 37

5 comments:

  1. Hallelujah..... Great is thy Love which never fails.... Thank you LORD Father.. thank you so much....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Father's love is the only hope...For God so loved the world...Amen!

    ReplyDelete