Monday, July 20, 2020

‍My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside, show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely- Song of Songs 2:14


A man was seriously wounded and lost his eyesight while fighting a war. The man, depressed due to the loss of his eye-sight was recuperating in a hospital when a nurse approached him.

She encouraged him with comforting words. During the conversation with him she understood that the soldier could play the piano well. Upon recognising this, she told him the following words; “in the veranda of this hospital is kept a piano. When you are able to walk, you must play that piano”.

One day this blind soldier went and played that piano. Many people stood around and encouraged him by clapping. As he played on the piano daily, the soldier noticed one thing, that as the days pass by, the sound of the applause was waning.

One day he decided that he would no longer play the piano, for there was none to encourage him.

On that day he played the piano with a broken heart. After it was over, he heard the incessant clapping of just one man.” Sir, who are you?” He enquired. “I am the king of this country. I came to see the wounded soldiers, and when I heard the music and I rejoiced greatly.”

All the sadness and disappointment left him. He thought, “Even if no one else appreciated, my king heard my music and rejoiced”.

Probably you the reader might be disappointed that one is neither hearing nor seeing you. But sing a new song today, rather right now to the Lord. For, you are seen and heard by the Lord. He is thinking about us… He is rejoicing in us.

Sing praises to God, sing praises;
sing praises to our King, sing praises.
For God is the King of all the earth;
sing to him a psalm of praise. – Psalms 47:6-7

My heart is stirred by a noble theme
as I recite my verses for the king;
my tongue is the pen of a skilful writer- Psalms 45:1


4 comments: