Tuesday, July 28, 2020



Psalms, from 56 to 60, were songs written by King David as he traversed great troubles and wars.

As the Philistines caught him, and as he ran away to a cave to escape Saul, David sang hymns unto His God. Even as he returned from a battle with Arameans, David had a song in his heart. But the name given to these songs are indeed very strange. Golden Anthem!!!

For a man who fears God, the Word of God is more valuable than gold. The Word of God is more precious than thousands of pieces of gold and silver. Few of the lines from the Golden Anthem are added below.
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
             In God, whose word I praise—
            in God I trust and am not afraid.
            What can mere mortals do to me?
           Record my misery;
            list my tears on your scroll —
            are they not in your record?
                                                 -Psalms 56:3,4,8

           Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me,  for in you I take refuge.   I will take refuge in the shadow of your wingsuntil the disaster has passed.I cry out to God Most High,to God, who vindicates me.
-Psalms 57:1

    My heart, O God, is steadfast  my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.
                                -Psalms 57:7-10

Then people will say,
“Surely the righteous still are rewarded;
surely there is a God who judges the earth.”
                                                -Psalms 58:1     You are my strength, I watch for you;
  you, God, are my fortress,
  But I will sing of your strength,
   in the morning I will sing of your love;
  for you are my fortress,my refuge in times of trouble. You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress,
 my God on whom I can rely.
-Psalms 59:9,16,17

           But for those who fear you, you have raised a banner to be unfurled against the bow. Save us and help us with your right hand,that those you love may be delivered.
-Psalms 60:4,5

            There is yet another Golden Anthem in the Psalms. Which is that song? It is the 16th Psalm, wherein the Psalmist always sees the Lord Jesus before his eyes.

Keep me safe, my God for in you I take refuge.
I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.”
I keep my eyes always on the LORD.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.Therefore, my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;my body also will rest secure, You make known to me the path of life;you will fill me with joy in your presence,with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
                                          -Psalms 16:1-2,8-9,11

Let us meditate on these Psalms this day. As there are heart-breaking things happening all around us these days, let us always behold our Lord before us and bless Him. And worship Him, forgetting all things. If so, these days would be the golden days in our lives. May God help us in this. Amen.





4 comments:

  1. hallelujah.... Praise the Lord

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory be to God. David a man after God's own heart who did all of God's will (Acts 13:22)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glory to God. He will fight our wars within and outside.

    ReplyDelete