Monday, August 31, 2020

 


A youth came to Trivandrum Airport to happily see off his brother, who was going to Singapore. Those who came with him to see off the brother, asked the youth a question:

“Your elder brother, who is an ace keyboardist of our church, is leaving for Singapore.  Now who will carry out this task meticulously?” Johnsam Joyson, shuddered for a second.

His was a house with 5 children. One is a keyboardist, another a guitarist, their sister is good singer, and the youngest is very smart… an all -rounder.

The church hall is on the upper floor of the house. Their father is the elder of the church. He is never taken to the Vacation Bible School recording as he cannot sing well for song recording.  As he was immersed in these thoughts, they asked Johnsam another question…

What do you know? Singing? 

Guitar? Keyboard?

He stood bowing his head down. He can hear his own heart beat well. He knows he cannot do any of these. Even poor in education…

Then one of those who came to see off the elder brother came near Johnsam and murmured in his ears. “Even though you are born in a good family, you are a waste.”

Those words struck his heart, like an arrow!

He felt like crying aloud. But he hid everything in his heart silently. Grief is lashing its waves in his heart. When he came to his house, he told his mother. “I am going to the church hall. I will be spending my night there.” 

He closed all the doors and the windows. Then placed the keyboard infront of him.  Then he wept bitterly before his Lord, Jesus. He cried and cried till there were no more tears…. “God, I am a waste.” He kept repeating this to God. Hours went by. It was around 3:30AM in the morning. He told the Lord: “You are the Lord who pours streams of water in desert”. All of a sudden God gave him songs. God blessed him in playing guitar and keyboard.

Johnsam Joyson has written many songs. One among those songs is a cool rain for my heart.

“Um azahkaana kangal ennai kantathale

 Mudinthadhendru ninaitha naan uyir vaalgindren

 Yaarum ariyatha ennai

 Nandraai arinthu

 Thedi vantha nalla nesare

 Thooki eriyappatta ennai vaendumentu solli

 Saerthu konda nalla naesare

 Ontumillatha ennai um kaarunyathaaalae

 Uyarthi vaitha nalla naesarae”

God knows the heart of you, who read this… Tell Jesus, the thoughts of your heart, share your pains with Him .

Here is the meaning of the song:

The beautiful eyes of Jesus are seeing me. In the days when I felt all is over, I was given a new life and made to walk… Even though no one knows me, the Lord knows all things… He came seeking me, and saved me.

The love of God which said to me “You are Mine own” and held me to His bosom, when I who was cast off; …  Jesus, I thank you for your grace…. 

This song is my song of experience too... Even yours… Thank you, Jesus, Halleluiah.

'But now, this is what the LORD says- He who created you, Jacob, He who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. Since you are precious and honored in My sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life. Isaiah 43:1,4.

A bruised reed He will not break,and a smoldering wick He will not snuff out... Isaiah 42:3(a)


https://youtu.be/CaN80mKV3DY




9 comments: