Friday, August 14, 2020

 

The second world war had come to an end. Roger Sims a soldier, had finished his service with the military. As he was waiting for a vehicle to return to Chicago, a Cadillac car came to a halt near him. 

“Are you travelling to Chicago? I can drop you off there.” He assisted Roger to load his luggage into the car. 

He introduced himself to Roger. “I am Hanover. I run a business in Chicago. I esteem those men who work for the military. Hence I thought of helping you when I saw you.” In the course of their journey they talked about various things.

When they were just 30 kilometres away from Chicago, Roger who was also a believer in Christ, felt a strong compulsion: “I must witness to this gentleman, my testimony and the gospel of Jesus Christ.” Subsequently trusting in the grace of God, Roger shared the gospel to Hanover. He listened carefully without display of any aversion.

“Roger, can I park the car onto the side of the road?” Hearing Hanover’s question, Roger looked at him thinking what is going to happen next.

There was Hanover, putting his face onto the steering wheel and weeping bitterly!

Roger thanked the Lord.  It is God who let him hitchhike the car. Hanover handed his visiting card to Roger. Then they happily parted in Chicago.

Five years later when Roger arrived in Chicago, the address in that visiting card led him to a large building bearing the name, ‘Hanover Enterprises’. He enquired at the Reception, “Can I meet Mr Hanover?”. “Not possible, rather you can meet his wife, she is in the first floor”. The Receptionist answered.

“How do you know my husband?” Asked Hanover’s wife to Roger.

Roger described to her, how he met Hanover 5 years back on the 7th of May and how he heard the gospel and was saved. He explained all these in detail.

Hanover’s wife was startled. For a while she sat silent.

She said: “Roger, after he dropped you and was returning home, my husband died. I am a child of God. I had prayed for the salvation of my husband for many years. Then I stopped all prayers  five years ago thinking that all my prayers are vain. 

Today I ask forgiveness from the Lord. One truth I now understand even though it is late, God answers our prayers. I will meet my husband in heaven. A thousand thanks to you, O Jesus. Roger, I express my heartfelt gratitude to you”

**

Are you tired of praying? Have you stopped praying prayers which were in accordance with God’s will? From now, start praying. Believe...The Lord shall answer.

"'Therefore, I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you." Mark 11:24

‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ Jeremiah 33:3


6 comments:

  1. Hallelujah, praise the lord, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen..Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glory be to Jesus Christ. May the Love of Jesus Christ compel us to share HIS GLORIOUS GOSPEL at every given opportunity.
    IN HIS TIME, HE MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete