Saturday, August 8, 2020

 

Many years ago, a loving father and his son lived happily in a village. The father’s love for his son was a topic of discussion in that village.

One day, due to a minor issue, the son quarreled with his father and went away to a distant city.

Alone and heartbroken, the father spent many years awaiting his son’s return.

One day the father received a letter from his son. It was a time, when there were no communication systems like that of today. This was the content of the letter which this old man somehow read and understood: “Papa, in the name of a trivial issue, I have hurt you- and my heart was hardened. Even though my mother died when I was very young, you raised me up with great affection. I am coming back. Papa, will you receive me?... Or will you reject me? 

I will be coming by the train which passes by house around 9AM. Papa, if you would receive me, you must tie a white handkerchief on the Banyan tree in front of our house. If I see that, I will detrain at the next station and come home. If not, I will return…?”

Saturday, the son as he sat in the train was eagerly looking out through the window. He was sitting there from early in the morning. The train was nearing his home. He could hear his heart beat faster and his face was pressed against the window bars. At this time his heart and eyes were carefully looking for the small white handkerchief…

To his great surprise, he saw the large banyan tree covered with hundreds of white handkerchiefs covering all the leaves and swaying in the breeze. He could feel a cool shower of joy raining in his heart…From his eyes were flowing tears, like a stream…What a marvelous sight!

From the railway station he ran to the home of his beloved father. He held the hands of his loving father and asked him: “Papa, if you still love me, if you will still accept me, show the sign of love with a single handkerchief only?Why you took so much effort  in putting these much of handkerchiefs ?"

” The father, full of love answered and said: “Yes my son, but if per chance you do not see that single handkerchief, then I will lose you forever. What you saw were not few scraps of white fabric, rather you saw my love, my heart…”

On the mount Calvary, God the Father, hung His only begotten son Jesus on a wooden cross, so that He could be seen by all  as a sign for the remission of our sins! No one should be lost, by not seeing it. Look at that cross! You can hear that feeble voice in your spirit…”My son, My daughter, I love you..Return to me!”.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16.

God displayed Him (Jesus) publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. Ref: Romans 3:25a.

And his banner over me is love. Song of songs 2:4b.


8 comments:

  1. Hallelujah
    Thank you for your Love Father
    All praise and glory to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. hallelujah... praise the Lord... thanks Jesus for u r love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallelujah!! Thank you Father for your unconditional love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God. Greatest form of love and sacrifice. Only heavenly Father can show it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How deep the Father’s love for us,
    How vast beyond all measure,
    That He should give His only Son
    To make a wretch His treasure.
    Thank you JESUS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed ! Such a wonderful love he has showered on us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallelujah,thank u jesus for loving me unconditionally,Praise the lord

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jesus for the love shown to us and redeeming all of us from the pits of sin. Praise the lord.

    ReplyDelete